This week we return to the whole topic driven focus, because honestly they seem to work better. We had several topics we wanted to discuss but for the sake of time we pushed a few of them off to another episode. Once again we have the full cast of Ashgar, Belghast, Grace, Kodra, Tamrielo, and Thalen.
The topics we delve into...
- Rocket League - how we are apparently late to the party, and any time a game is getting played at the same time by wildly different groups of gamers... it should be checked out.
- Space Chem - how Kodra falls into a deep hole of trying to create the most perfect engine in this video game that plays more like a really good board game... and also at times a programming simulator.
- Otome Games - we talk about how our podcast got mentioned recently by Pizza Maid and Suishi Geisha... and how it would be awesome if the games we liked to play had the same level of story fidelity that Otome games do. This spawned an entire side discussion about story drive games in general.
- Co-Opetitive Games - the games where you are playing co-operatively but also at the same time competing with your friends.... also fertile ground for losing said friendships.
- Sandbox Games - We talk about the wall that happens in most sandbox experiences where we as players are just "done" with the game long before we have technically completed all of it.
Direct download: aggrochat_episode86.mp3
-- posted at: 12:19pm EDT